Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday, July 20th

Lest I begin to sound like the boy who cried "Wolf!" I will not make excuses again for a late host post. . .


The summer is half over! At least, the vacation from school is. Although, this may not be the case for everyone. There is year long school, multi-track schools, modified year long... but it is the middle of the traditional school year summer. It never ceases to amaze me how fast it goes by for me. When I was a kid, the summers seemed endless. I wonder if that is how it is for my Tween. Do the days roll slowly by for her?

Anyway, at this point in the summer, I have accomplished very little of what I had set out to do. In fact, sitting here, typing at 1:47 p.m. on a Monday afternoon, I am supposed to be reading a book for grad school. But when I realized I had yet again forgotten to get the host post up, I new that I needed to do it before I began reading. And that is how life is, isn't it? Plans get made and sometimes things work out just fine and sometimes those plans have to be adjusted.

How about you guys? Are your summer plans going smoothly? Are you making adjustments along the way?







Although the examen is a Christian practice, I would hope that anyone who has something to share would feel welcome here. Also, if you don't have your own blog and would like to participate, share your bread in the comments. To holding on to what gives life,

Mary-LUE

No comments: